Giving Principles

Deeper Life In Christ Ministries, Inc.

1316 Olympic Court, SW

Conyers, GA 30012

404.512.9445

www.discoverdeeperlife.org

info@discoverdeeperlife.org

Worship Schedule
Sunday School 10:45 am
Sunday Worship 12 noon 
Bible Study, Tuesday 7 pm

KEY PRINCIPLES & BLESSINGS OF GIVING

(Increase, Abundance and Overflow)

 

 

1.      ORIGINAL LAW OF GIVING: The basis of God’s love is centered around the concept of giving. Just as God created heaven and earth for humanity, God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten Son, so that we could have, not only an earthly life, but everlasting life. This model of giving sets the stage for you to benefit financially from the law of reciprocity – taking action to give causes addition for you to live! (Gen. 1:1; John 3:16)
 
2.      GIVING AS WORSHIP: Giving is an act of worship. It is a worship act that allows opportunities for the believer to honor God with their substances. Through this worship, we demonstrate our reverence and honor of God by presenting him sacrifices, through our offerings unto Him. (Proverbs 3:9)
 
3.      THE 90/10% RULE: The principle of tithing conveys the action of individuals sowing 10% of their income into the kingdom of God. The remaining 90% belongs to the individual.  When believers embrace this principle, God blows on the 90% and the 10% and blesses them both, causing multiplication, increase and abundance!
 
4.      BLESSING OF TITHING: The blessings of tithing goes far beyond money.  Your tithe is a seed that causes germination throughout every area – mind, body and soul. Its aim is to activate the power of God to directly influence your life for a greater good. (Malachi 3:10,11)
 
5.      THE SACRIFICE OF OFFERING: When you give God an offering, you are giving some of what belongs to you over and above your tithe. This makes it a sacrifice – the surrendering of a possession unto God. An offering is derived from the believer who possesses and chooses to render unto God. (2 Corinthians 9:7)
 
6.      THE BLESSING UPON THE OFFERING GIVER: The blessing of giving an offering unto God, is that God blesses the giver in return. When we “bless” God, we give. When God “blesses” us, he releases the formula of favor over our lives, allowing one to become a recipient of God’s graces, generosity and gifts.(Luke 6:38)
 
7.      THE LAW OF SEEDTIME & HARVEST: The law of seedtime and harvest ensures believers that residual from giving comes back to you in all the seasons of your life. Even if your finances dry up in the summer, God still promises harvest back to you! (Gen. 8:22)
 
8.      THE LAW OF SOWING & REAPING: The law of sowing and reaping is a biblical principle that applies to the concept of giving. When you sow, you reap. When you plant, you receive a harvest. When you give, He (God) gives it back to you, better than you’ll ever be able to give. (2 Corinthians 9:6)
 
9.      JESUS, A FRAGRANT OFFERING GIVER: Just like His father, Jesus modeled giving. Jesus gave His life at Calvary for all humanity. He resurrected from the grave and ascended into Heaven for the sake of humanity. Currently, Jesus stands on the right hand of God, as our chief intercessor. For He came that we might have life and life more abundantly. Unlike Satan, who comes to steal, kill and destroy, Christ came to give us an abundant life. And one day, Jesus will return again to earth as King, to give again to all believers His ultimate promise – eternal life. (Ephesians 5:2)
 
10.  THE HUNDREDFOLD RETURN PROMISE:  Yes, it is true.  We do serve God on a money-back guarantee. Whether we sow, plant, invest, give or offer, it is always God who gives the increase. The promise we hold to is that God has declared that no man has given, for His name’s sake, and he not guarantee them a multiplied blessing in return. God’s financial interest on your investment into the kingdom ranges between thirty to an hundredfold return. Sow to grow. Give to live. For the showers of blessings are in route to you. (Matthew 19:29)